At White Rock Pre-School we aim to provide a happy fun and secure learning experience for our children where their individuality is respected and valued.
We will promote all areas of their development through the early learning goals helping them to become more independent in preparation for their transition from pre-school to primary school.
We also believe that parents/carers have the most influence in a child’s life. We view parents as our partners in the education of their children and in supporting their childrens desire to become life-long learners.
Aims of the pre-school
- To provide a stimulating environment for the children, which encourages their all-round development and independence through the provision of appropriate learning opportunities.
- To ensure the safety of the children in our care.
- To provide a homely, friendly, caring educational environment where each child feels unique and special.
- To nurture healthy, happy, self-confident children.
- To achieve the desirable outcomes of the Early years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, and to work within the EYFS framework providing care, education and equality of opportunity for all children and their families.
- To make pre-school accessible to children and families from all areas of the local community.
- To identify and assess special educational needs, and to make appropriate provision.
Our aims underpin and influence our entire practise and are implicitly threaded into our policies and procedures.